*Chromecast (Google Cast) device is required*
Sure, you’ve already tested your phone for dead pixels… but how about all of the TV’s and HDMI computer monitors in your house? Maybe you just bought a new TV or computer monitor and want to see if there are any problems with the LCD panel and can still take it back to the store? Want to check if you have any burn in?
NEW FEATURE: Try one of the new test patterns to calibrate your colors or see if your overscan is set correctly.
Almost all TV’s are set by default to only show around 95% of the total picture but can be fixed!
1. Plug your Chromecast into an HDMI display to test (and power it via USB)
2. Download and open the “Dead Pixel Tester (Chromecast)” app
3. Make sure your wifi is on
4. Connect to your Chromecast
5. Click the button to change colors (every time you click the button it changes the image).
6. Closely examine your HDMI display for dead pixels or burn-in
If this app finds any problems with your displays, please share your story in the reviews section.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION for Dead Pixel Tester (Chromecast) Android
August 18, 2017
10,000 – 50,000
4.0 and up
Rated for 3+
BV App Labs